DuckDuckGo Search Engine Breaks Record with 100 Million searches per day
Is DuckDuckGo an alternative to Google Search Engine?
Founded in 2008, DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser came with a clear bet on user's Privacy and Simplicity, contrary to what other search engines like Google or Bing do.
DuckDuckGo officially says they don't save or share user's information, and also doesn't share user information, and also doesn't save users' history to find out the websites we visit.
Meanwhile, DuckDuckGo is consistently setting up an example of how user-centric strategy works like a charm. If you are not familiar with DuckDuckGo, they are an Internet search engine that emphasizes the privacy of the searchers and their business model is a web-based business without making user's personal information the product.
Google VS DuckDuckGo
- DuckDuckGo has been steadily growing where their tracked record is 100 million daily average searches for January 2021, this also represents an increase of 52% year-over-year.
- DuckDuckGo is not only good for web search but its mobile app is more popular than ever. Furthermore, its number 2 position behind Google in the mobile search market share has usurped Bing & Yahoo. This clearly indicates that there is a larger shift toward private platforms.
- Nowadays, people are more aware of how companies are using their data, and hence, they are making conscious decisions to choose alternative services.
- As privacy features being their key selling point, the users can conduct searches without their personal information being collected and sold to advertisers.
- DuckDuckGo's journey to 100 million searches doesn't seem like something happened overnight but with working on consistent efforts for years.