What is the best alternative to WhatsApp- 2021? - Here is the list of best WhatsApp Alternative
WhatsApp just changed its "Terms & Conditions" kept users' privacy at risk, and everyone is looking for the best alternative in respect of all privacy features. Here in this article, you'll know which is the best alternative app for Whatsapp.
Best Alternative to WhatsApp - 2021
- Signal- Private Messenger
- Telegram Messenger.
#1) Signal- Private Messenger
Signal - Private Messenger App Features
- Signal Private Messenger is completely free and there won't be Ads.
- This app can communicate between two people, individuals, and groups through the internet like WhatsApp and Telegram. Voice call and video call facilities are also available in this.
- It's available in Android, iOS, and desktop versions.
- Signal also has the facility to transfer text messages, pictures, videos, files, gifs, etc as on WhatsApp.
- This service that can be logged in using phone numbers has end to end encryption protection.
- Can also be used to send SMS safely.
- The Android version of the signal app can be used as the default SMS MMS app on the phone this way SMS messages can also be encrypted.
- The other side should also use the signal app for SMS.
- You can lock Signal Private Messenger with a passcode or biometrics.
- 2FA and an option to block screenshots within the app and the recent screen.
- Features to blur faces automatically before sending images.
- Signal private messenger by default encrypts all the local files with a 4-digit passphrase, and if you create an encrypted local backup than you can do that as well
- The major advantage of the signal messenger app is made using free open source software differently from other services.
- This is what increases users' credibility over the signal app. Anyone can check the app's open-source code.
- Elon Musk, the richest person on the planet, asked his followers to use the signal app on Twitter.
- Signal beats Whatsapp Messenger to becomes the top free app on App Store in India.
Signal - Private Messenger VS Whatsapp Messenger
|#||SIGNAL-PRIVATE MESSENGER||WHATSAPP MESSENGER|
|1||Signal - Private Messenger is a non-profit organization started in 2014. It runs on donations, not data.||Whatsapp is owned by Facebook, which is known for user data mining which in turn personal info is not private with this messenger.|
|2||Signal - Private Messenger is safer than Whatsapp Messenger as even UK Politicians made the switch to Privacy.||Whatsapp in partnership with Facebook can help advertisers target users based on data.|
Signal - Private Messenger isn't backed by Ads or user data, unlike Whatsapp Messenger which is its business model
|Whatsapp Messenger works only for money, but not for the Users.|
Signal - Private Messenger's code is Open-Sourced which means its code is visible to everyone.
|Whatsapp Messenger doesn't share its code.|
|5||Signal - Private Messenger can collect Phone Number (Only for Registration)||Whatsapp Messenger Data Collection: OS, Phone Model, Whatsapp Usage, Battery Status, IP Address, Profile Picture, About Info (User ID, Contacts, Etc.,), Group details, Status updates, Payment & Transactions, Time Zone, Signal Strength|
|6||End-to-End Encryption is Available||End-to-End Encryption is Available|
|7||Metadata Encryption is Available||Metadata Encryption is not Available|
#2) Telegram Messenger
Telegram Messenger Features
- Telegram is cloud-based, unlike Whatsapp; this means it will never go into memory on the device.
- Both Messengers allow you to send text messages, voice, phone calls, video calls, and create groups, across multiple telegrams, to create channels (groups where only admins can write).
- Speaking of groups instead of on Whatsapp, the limit is 256 people, you can reach up to 200.000 on telegram!
- One of the key points is bots, many talks about it, but few know what they are.
- A bot is a program that performs commands according to how it was developed. Some bots are very useful, for example, there is a bot that lets you track your package in real-time, another that converts audio to message, and so on. You can also create them because telegram allows you to use your own APIs to create the bot.
- You can also share your Live Location by using Telegram Messenger
- Another difference between Whatsapp Messenger & Telegram Messenger is file sharing, Whatsapp lets share a maximum of 16 MB, but telegram is limited up to 2 GB.
- You can also chat with a user without knowing their phone number, much less show yours, using a tag you can share with anyone. Another difference is the ability to change the message sent.
- Another pillar of the telegram is the possibility of secret chats, a secret chat is protected by end-to-end encryption, it only exists on the device it's created, it doesn't allow screenshots, and you can set a self-destruct timer for messages.
- Telegram is so confident in their privacy that they launched a challenge, anyone who thinks they can decipher messages and can prove it will win $ 300.000 $.
Whatsapp Messenger VS Telegram Messenger
|Feature||Whatsapp Messenger||Telegram Messenger|
|Group Members||Limited to 256 Members||Limited up to 200,000 Members|
|Status Feature||Available||Not Available|
|File Size Limit||
|Video Call Limit||
|Yet to arrive|
|Schedule Message||Not Available||Available|
|Multi-Device||Yet to arrive||Available|
|Public Channel||Not Available||Available|
|Contact through||Only Phone Number||Using Phone Number or User Name|
|Security||Chats are Encrypted but |
personal data will be shared with Facebook
|You can create a secret chat for