MobiKwik Data Breach- 8.2 TB of MobiKwik User Data Allegedly Hacked, company denies claim
MobiKwik Data Breach
MobiKwik, A Digital wallet company based in India has suffered a huge data breach which was exposed 99 Million Indian users details of a total of 8.2 TB and contains 36,099,759 files which include Email IDs, Phone Numbers, Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Debit/Credit Card, other KYC documents have been kept on sale on Dark Web by some Anonymous hacker which is being offered for sale at 1.5 bitcoins (or $84,000).
Largest KYC Data Leak In History
|Screenshot from a popular hacker forum|
- Total 350GB MySQL dumps – > 500 databases
- 99 million – mail, phone, passwords, addresses, lots more data, apps installed, ph manf., IP address, GPS location
- 40 million – 10 digit card, month, year, card hash (sha256)
- lots of databases with all company data
- ~7.5 TB of ~3 million Merchant KYC data – passports, Aadhar cards, pan cards, selfie, store picture proof, etc., used to get loans on the site
"Some media-crazed so-called security researchers have repeatedly attempted to present concocted files wasting precious time of our organization as well as members of the media. We thoroughly investigated and did not find any security lapses. Our user and company data is completely safe and secure,"