Apple Releases iOS 14.8 and iPadOS 14.8: Here's What's New?
Apple iOS 14.8 Launched: Update Your iPhone Right NowApple released iOS 14.8 and iPadOS 14.8 quite unexpectedly. There were already hints that the update was coming and now Apple has released it without beta. This version highlights important security updates, many security vulnerabilities are covered.
Earlier this summer, it was revealed that Apple was behind the scenes developing iOS 14.8 . But in the weeks that followed it became quiet. There was no beta updates, while new iOS 15 betas appeared at a rapid pace. Now Apple quietly released iOS 14.8 and iPadOS 14.8: the update is now available for everyone to download, together with iPadOS 14.8.
After announcing iOS 15, Apple already announced that updating to iOS 15 was not mandatory and that users can continue to receive security updates in iOS 14. It is quite possible that Apple will lay the foundation for this in iOS 14.8, so that users can install separate security updates thanks to this version.
According to Apple, this update mainly provides important security updates and is recommended for all users. This update mainly fixes the support document shows that a security issue with WebKit and CoreGraphics has been resolved. Both problems would have been exploited in the wild. Here's what's new feature's included with iOS 14.8 update.
Whats' new in iOS 14.8
According to Apple, Here's what's new features included in iOS 14.8;
- Fixed a Bug with CoreGraphic that could allow generated PDFs to place malicious commands.
- Fixes a WebKit vulnerability and could allow generated content. Able to place an unfavorable set of instuctions.
- Fixes a Zero-Click Exploit that targeted Apple’s image rendering library. The exploit, called FORCEDENTRY, could infect an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac with the Pegasus spyware, providing access to the user’s camera and microphone in addition to allowing access to text messages, phone calls, and emails.
- Earlier it was reported that after updating to iOS 14.7.1, some iPhones began to massively lose network connectivity . Apparently, the problem only affected the iPhone 6s, iPhone 8, and iPhone 11 . So in their case, we can also expect the correction of the flaw that provoked an unsuccessful network search even in places of stable GSM, 3G and LTE connections.
Download iOS 14.8
To download iOS 14.8:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update. Wait for the update to appear.
- Tap Download and install .
- Wait until your device has rebooted and the installation is complete.
You can also perform the update through iTunes or the Finder. To do this, connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC with a cable and open iTunes or the Finder in macOS Catalina and newer. Click on your connected device and choose Search for update.
The update will then be downloaded and then installed on your device.
iOS 14.8 Releasenotes
Hurry Up! However the update is reached to u immediately update your iPhone now to save it from this Zero-Day Exploit.This update contains important security updates and is recommended for all users.For more information about the security aspects of Apple software updates, see the following website: