How to Change the desktop picture (background) on your Mac
Change the desktop picture (background) on your Mac
If you want to give your Mac's desktop background a different look, you can choose from so many wallpapers. In this article, you can know how to set your favorite wallpapers as backgrounds on your Mac. On the Mac, you will already find several wallpapers for your desktop. This allows you to give your Mac its own look by setting it as wallpaper. However, you can also use your own photos to set as wallpaper.
Change your Mac's wallpaper
Here are three different ways to quickly change your Mac Wallpapers instantly;
- Default Mac Wallpapers.
- Solid Colors.
- Own Photos.
- Changing wallpapers.
#1) Set default Mac wallpapers
- Open System Preferences ( > System Preferences).
- Click on the Desktop & Screen Saver.
- Under Apple > Desktop you will find the default wallpapers.
- Choose any of the images to use as your desktop background.
#2) Solid Colors.
If default Mac wallpapers are not up to your match then you can also have an option to choose Flat Colors as Mac Desktop Wallpaper,
To choose a picture worthy of gracing your desktop background with Solid Colors, and changing the accent color for Start, the taskbar, and other items. Select the Colors item in the left navigation bar. Also, check out the Custom Color button at the bottom right to choose your exact color.
The preview window gives you a sneak peek of your changes as you make them. In the Background, select a picture or solid color, or create a slideshow of pictures.
#3) Own Photos
You can also use your own photo as your Mac desktop background. You need an image in PNG, JPEG, TIFF, or PICT file format. That's how you do that:
To set your Own photo as Mac wallpaper;
- Download your favorite own Mac wallpapers and put them in a folder.
- Go to System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver and press the plus sign.
- Add the folder that contains the images.
- Select the folder and then click on your image to set it as desktop wallpaper.
Change your desktop picture from the "Finder":
- In a Finder window, locate the image you want to use.
- Right-click (or Control-click) on the file.
- Choose the Set desktop picture option. If you use multiple monitors, only the wallpaper of your primary monitor will be adjusted.
Change the desktop picture (background) on your Mac from the "Photos app"
- Open the Photos app and browse to the desired image.
- Right-click (or Control-click) the image.
- Choose Share > Set Desktop Picture.