Gmail is the most important feature nowadays. When using Gmail or other Google services, you may find it an impossible task to completely fill the available space on your account. Until a while ago, this might have been true, but things have changed. The platform no longer has unlimited storage, which means that the same space is shared between Gmail, Google Drive, and Photos. Google provides users with a total of 15GB of storage for free, this is the storage for Drive files, emails, WhatsApp backups, among others. However, If you have an Android phone, filling the 15GB is very easy.
Due to this a lot of us have run into storage issues on our Gmail account. There have been times we have received a notification stating the storage of the Gmail account is full and mails need to be deleted in order to receive new ones.
For this reason, it is essential that you must take some time to clean up your emails on your Gmail and that's what we'll show you with the following tips quite helpful to you to get rid of Gmail Storage Full problem quickly.
How to free up space in Gmail?
Check how much space you have
In addition, there is a link that redirects to the main page of each of these services for you to manage the space manually. In the case of Gmail, all email messages and attachments are grouped, including what is in the Spam folder and the Trash. The drive is more comprehensive and counts all files sent or synced to your account.
Gmail Storage Full? Free up space in Gmail
- Empty Trash and Spam Box in Gmail.
- Delete large emails in Gmail
- Delete old emails
- Delete emails from promotions, updates, and other folders in Gmail
#1) Empty Trash and Spam Box in Gmail
Empty Spam Box
#2) Delete large emails in Gmail
- In the search field at the top of the screen, type "has:attachment larger:10M" (without the quotes). The "10" can be replaced with any number, greater or lesser, as this is the reference value that will be used to find attachments to your messages. (Note- When displaying the results, Gmail still shows what types of files were found, which could be images, documents, or PDFs. If you want to view only a specific format, just click on the picture below the search bar.)
- The second way is to click on the three-line icon inside the search bar to open a panel with more options. One of them is the search for items “smaller than” or “greater than” the size you enter. So, this filtering can be useful for sending larger attachments that might be messing up your Gmail account to Trash.