Spotify real-time lyrics feature
Spotify finally launches a new "real-time lyrics" feature for Free and Premium users globally to allow millions of fans around the world to have access to official lyrical compositions of their favorite songs. The Lyrics feature will be available across Playstation 4, Playstation 5, and Xbox One, along with Android TV, including FireTV, Samsung, Roku, LG, Sky, and Comcast
The feature comes shortly after Spotify, which ousted Apple Music as America's leading podcast platform, announced the acquisition of a popular audiobook company; there's probably more on the way.
Spotify is empowering millions of fans around the world to sing louder and more confidently than ever with the launch of Lyrics. As the name suggests, by enabling this feature it will start showing the lyrics of the song on the device screen where the user is listening at that moment.
According to an official Spotify blog post,
Lyrics are one of the most requested features from listeners across the globe. So after iterating and testing, we’ve created an experience that’s simple and interactive—and even shareable.
Through a partnership with Musixmatch, the lyrics of most of the extensive music libraries available on Spotify will be accessible in real-time in multiple versions of the platform.
How to find real-time lyrics on Spotify?
- Tap on the “Now Playing View” on a song.
- While listening, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real-time as the song is playing!
- To share, simply tap the “Share” button at the bottom of the lyrics screen and then select the lyrics you want to share—and where you want to share them—via third-party platforms.
This feature is also compatible with Spotify's desktop app and on smart televisions, to see the real-time lyrics on the Spotify desktop app;
- From the “Now Playing” bar, click on the microphone icon while a song is playing.
- You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real-time while the song plays.
- Open the “Now Playing View” on a song.
- Navigate to the right corner to the “lyrics button” and select if you want to enable Lyrics.
- Once enabled, you’ll see the lyrics in the “Now Playing” View.
What did you think about Spotify's real-time lyrics feature? Have you tried the Lyrics function? Share your experience in the comments!