Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Word
Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Word allow you to speed up certain functions, minimizing the use of the mouse, especially in more repetitive tasks. For greater productivity it is possible to customize them, adapting the shortcuts to your needs.
For many users, Microsoft Word is an essential part of their day-to-day, Here in this article, we've even introduced you to some useful tips that promise to help you increase your productivity and avoid possible frustrations.
Microsoft Word application already includes a wide variety of keyboard shortcuts that allow you to speed up certain functions, without using the mouse, especially in more repetitive tasks. But did you know that you can customize them to better suit your needs?
For example, certain key combinations associated with features you don't use can be easily configured to be more useful. On the other hand, if a function you use frequently has a keyboard shortcut that is more difficult to remember, you can replace it with a simpler one.
Customize keyboard shortcuts
Here's how to create custom keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Word for Microsoft 365 Word 2021 Word 2019 Word 2016 Word 2013 Word 2010;
- Go to File > Options > Customize Ribbon at the bottom of the left menu.
- Click on the “Customize Ribbon”. Under "Keyboard Shortcuts" click on the "Custom" button.
- Start by selecting one of the categories in the box on the left. Then choose a specific command from the box on the right. If the command in question already has an associated shortcut, it will appear in the “Current keys” box.
- To create a custom shortcut, enter the desired key combination in the box and click “Assign”.
- When finished, click the “Close” button.
- To remove a custom keyboard shortcut, select it in the “Current keys” box and click “Remove”. If you want to restore the original features associated with one or more key combinations that you had previously changed, click on “Reset all”.