Wordle - A daily word game
Have you played Wordle yet? It's the new viral game to guess a word every day that's also a little love story. The Game Mechanics is very simple but quite addictive, and also it lets you brag online if you do it right, something that obviously raises points and what probably made it viral. Just get into Wordle from any browser to start playing. The game works perfectly on mobile or computer and hooks you up instantly. This game developer is a software engineer who used to work on Reddit, and who created the game because he and his partner love puns. His name is Josh Wardle, and he released Wordle in October 2021.
What Is Wordle - A daily word game? (Explained)
Wordle? Actually a new way you can pass the time. Nowadays everyone sees a new Rubik's Cube kind of green-yellow-grey grid emojis flooding social media feeds (Facebook and Twitter) right now. The Game is called "Wordle". Wordle is a free-to-play game on mobile or desktop browsers. The game is apparently, all you have to do is guess a five-letter word each day without any initial clues you have six tries. It will tell you whether you have the correct letter as you go and that's where all those green, yellow, and gray boxes are. After each guess, the color of the tiles will change to show how close your guess was to the word.
How to Play Wordle Online?
First, open your phone browser or your desktop browser head over to Wordle Website (here). Now you'll see some boxes and one qwerty keypad below. Guess the WORDLE in 6 tries. Each guess must be a valid 5 letter word. Hit the enter button to submit. After each guess, the color of the tiles will change to show how close your guess was to the word. If it's Yellow, a letter is included in the word. If it's not in the right space then a green letter means it's correct space while a gray letter indicates it's not included. It even keeps track of how many words you guess correctly.
- The "Green block" indicates that the letter is in the target word and is in the right position.
- The "Yellow block" hints that the letter belongs in the target word but is in the incorrect position.
- The "Gray block" reveals that the letter is not in the target word.
Wordle: Easy Tips and Tricks
If you're confused by the green-yellow-grey grid emojis flooding social media right now, you're missing the latest word-guessing game on the interwebs: Wordle. Here we have a few game strategies that I've discovered:
- The cover ground in your first guess. Out of the gate, you want to surface some of the more common letters. In Wheel of Fortune puzzles, those are R, S, T, L, N, E. I like to start with DREAM, STEAL, or RISEN. A word with more than one vowel helps.
- Key in on vowels (A, E, I, O, U). When I'm stuck, I find ways to incorporate a vowel that I haven't used in a guess yet or assess whether there is room for another vowel in the spacing that is emerging.
- Beware of repeat letters. More than once, I've been stumped too long on a puzzle because I didn't consider that the word could have two of the same letter. BANAL and GORGE were both recent answers, and I got hung up on both because I was looking for different letters for each spot. When I realized a letter could repeat, the solution snapped into place.
- Go analog. If I'm getting down to my fifth or sixth guesses, I'll move the puzzle to a piece of scrap paper because the previous guesses above the empty boxes are distracting.
The secret to this game is that it's just you and a puzzle for about 5 minutes, There are no ads, no flashing lights, no buzzing in your hand. you'll come to treasure the way it invites dedicated focus - just thinking about one thing. But there might be a deeper benefit to playing.
Why is the Wordle game so Popular Worldwide?
Wordle goes viral! Everyone starts playing this brain game. Wordle is a simple, shareable word-guessing game that is gaining popularity on Twitter. We've played many smartphone games from the time of the Nokia Snake Game, and later on, so many games become viral which including Ludo King, and even Flappy Bird, browser games like Mafia Wars, Farmville, and Texas Poker had taken the world by a storm. Something similar happened in the last few weeks, as a new browser game, ‘Wordle,’ gained massive traction and it has now become the most popular online game. As the name suggests, users essentially need to form words, and the score is shareable on social media - kind of their bragging right.