By default, almost all folders in Windows are yellow, and that's boring. Did you know you can easily change and apply any other color to the folder? Here in this article, ill show you How to Change the Color of any Folder in Windows
If you want to change any other color for this, it is most convenient to use the Folder Painter application. It's free, easy to use, and doesn't require installation. Folder Painter is an easy-to-use Portable Freeware program, which allows you to change the color of the icon representing a chosen folder to any color you like.
Change the Color of any Folder in Windows
Here's how to change the Color of any Folder in Windows using Folder Painter;
- Download the Folder Painter (.zip) application from here.
- Now extract all the files to one folder.
- Now Run, the application FolderPainter or FolderPainter_x64
- You can choose an icon pack from the left pane, 3 icon packages are available by default but You can download 21 icon packs in total.
- Use the “install” button, to add Folder Painter to your Context menu, after that Right-click any folder to open its context menu that will now include a “Change Folder Icon” option.
- Select that option to expand its submenu.
- Colored folders look brighter and more interesting than monotonous yellow ones.
- In addition, if you get used to it, it will be easier to navigate them.
- The submenu above includes a few colors for you to select. Choose a color from there to add it to the folder.
- Press the “Default Folder Icon” option on the context menu to revert back to the default color.
- To uninstall Folder Painter from your right-click menu just use Uninstall Button.