Cache and Cookies on Safari Browser
Like all web browsers, the Apple Safari web browser also stores cookies and other files intended to facilitate your browsing. Clearing the browser cache is useful for freeing up hard drive space, but also for many other reasons, including privacy. In this article, you'll know how to clear cache and cookies from your Safari Web Browser and protect your privacy on Safari in just a few steps.
Clear Cache and Cookies on Safari Web Browser
To clear cache and cookies:
- Open your Safari Web Browser.
- Click on the Safari menu > Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- If it is not already done, check the Show the Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- You can close the Preferences menu.
- Now click on Development.
- Finally, click on Clear caches.
Clear Cache and Cookies on Safari for Mac
- Click the Safari menu, then Clear History...
- In the Clear field choose All History
- Click Clear History.
Clear Cache and Cookies on Safari for PC
- Click on the Settings (gear) icon in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Click Reset Safari
- Select the items you wish to clear. (check all items).
- Click Reset.
Clear Cache and Cookies on Mobile Safari for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
- To clear cache and cookies:
- From the home screen, Select Settings > Safari.
- At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, Select Clear cookies and data or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache.
- Confirm when prompted.