MediaTek launches its first mmWave 5G chipset
MediaTek launches the first chipset with mmWave 5G support - Mediatek Dimensity 1050. The MediaTek Dimensity 1050 brings the fastest, lowest-latency connectivity to the widest audience ever via seamless 5G sub-6GHz (FR1) and mmWave (FR2), and Wi-Fi 6E technologies, all built-in to this ultra-efficient 6nm-class chip. Ideal for those that love to capture impressive videos and enjoy their gaming better with a faster display, while also not worrying about battery life.
The Dimensity 1050 features two Arm Cortex-A78 CPUs with frequencies up to 2.5GHz, offering snappier performance in apps, faster loading webpages, and better FPS in games. Using the latest Arm Mali-G610 graphics engine means the Dimensity 1050 provides great gaming performance and improved efficiency versus previous generation Mali designs, while UFS 3.1 storage and LPDDR5 memory supply these powerful processors with the fastest data streams.
MediaTek Dimensity 1050 Features
- Support for True Dual 5G SIM (5G SA + 5G SA) and Dual VoNR
- Super-fast 144Hz Full HD+ displays with intense, vibrant colors through MediaTek’s MiraVision 760
- Dual HDR video capture engine, enabling users to simultaneously stream with the front and rear cameras
- Excellent noise reduction for superb low-light photos and MediaTek’s APU 550 improves AI camera actions
- Wi-Fi 6E support for superior power efficiency and 2x2 MIMO antenna brings faster, more reliable connections
MediaTek also announced two additional chipsets to expand its 5G and gaming, chipset families:
- The Dimensity 930 enables 5G smartphones to download data faster and stay connected regardless of location with 2CC-CA, including mixed duplex FDD+TDD for higher speeds and greater reach. Designed to capture vibrant details, it is equipped with MiraVision HDR video playback and display for 120Hz Full HD+ displays and HDR10+ video. Additionally, HyperEngine 3.0 Lite gaming enhancements bring intelligent multi-network management to ensure lower latency for smooth user experiences and maximized battery life.
- The Helio G99 powers incredible mobile gaming experiences on 4G/LTE for higher throughput rates and more than 30 percent power savings for gaming compared to the Helio G96. This SoC will be available to customers in the second quarter of 2022.