Google Password Manager gets "Add to Home Screen" Shortcut
Google's new Play system update has added a new "Add to Home Screen" shortcut to the Google Password Manager. With this, Android smartphone and tablet users can now place a shortcut to Google Password Manager right on their device's home screen.
How To add a Google Password Manager shortcut on your Android smartphone or tablet
To add a Google Password Manager shortcut on your Android smartphone or tablet, Just Go to the Settings app >Privacy > Autofill service from Google > Passwords > Click on Gear icon which is on top right side below your profile picture > Add shortcut to your home screen option, simply tap it and then click on the ‘Add to home screen.’ Now you are all set. The Google Password Manager will be on your Android phone’s home screen.
Here's an easy step-by-step process how to add a Google Password Manager shortcut on your Android smartphone or tablet;
- Step 1: On your smartphone Go to "Settings"
- Step 2: Click on "Privacy".
- Step 3: Scroll down and tap on "Advanced".
- Step 4: Click on "Autofill Service from Google"
- Step 5: Click on Gear icon which is on top right side below your profile picture.
- Step 6: Now you'll see Add shortcut to your home screen option.
- Step 7: Simply tap it and then click on the ‘Add to home screen.’
As we already know that, Google Password Manager will manage your saved passwords in Android or Chrome. They're securely stored in your Google Account and available across all your devices. A particularly practical service, especially since it is recommended to adopt the following reflex: one password per account, for more security. This useful handy new shortcut makes you more easily to see, change, or remove all of your passwords saved in your Google Account with instatly and securely.