Move Taskbar on Windows 11 (Top, Right, Left, Bottom)
In Windows 11 it is possible to change the Windows 11 Taskbar position to (top, right, left, bottom) Here's a quick article, which shows steps to change the Taskbar position to any of the screen sides on Windows 11 pc.
How to Move Taskbar on Windows 11
Here's how to move the Taskbar position on Windows 11 (top, right, left, bottom);
- Open "Start" on Windows 11
- Search for "regedit" and open Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3
- Right-click on the StuckRects3 key and select the “Export” option.
- Save a REG file to your desktop with an easy-to-identify name, such as bkp_registro_win11. This file is a backup of the registry key that will be modified, which you can restore if something goes wrong.
- Double click on the “Settings” value on the right side
- Under the “Value data” section, In line 0008, place the mouse cursor in the fifth column, before the value 03, and press the “Del” key to delete the value 03. Then type 01 in the same place and click “OK” and close the editor. NOTE:
- Replace the 03 value with 00 to move the Taskbar on the left side of the screen.
- Replace the 03 value with 01 to move the Taskbar to the top side of the screen.
- Replace the 03 value with 02 to move the Taskbar on the right side of the screen.
- Replace the value with 03 to move the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, restart Windows Explorer to apply the change. Open the Task Manager with "Ctrl + Shift + Esc", right-click in Windows Explorer, and select the option "Restart."
- Once you restart the PC, the Taskbar of your Windows 11 PC will remain in the position where you've specified in the binary key.
- If you want to return the Windows 11 taskbar to the bottom of the desktop, just double click on the REG file you exported and finally restart Windows Explorer.
Also read: How to Enable God Mode in Windows 11