Apple releases iOS 16 public beta
Apple has just released the first public betas of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16, macOS 13 Ventura, tvOS 16, and watchOS 9 today (July 12). The company first announced iOS 16 last month at its Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC), and has since launched three developer betas since.
What iOS16 public beta means for iPhone users?
Downloading the first public beta will give iPhone users early access to the range of new features coming to iPhones later this year
In addition, a new build is available for developers for beta 3. It has build number 20A5312j. To download these betas, you need the latest beta profile.
How to download iOS 16 beta?
To download iOS 16 beta, users just need to have a device compatible with the system and be within Apple's testing program. With this, the update will arrive via over-the-air, with the installation occurring automatically.
iOS 16 will arrive on all of Apple's latest phones but will leave out popular models like the iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, and the first-generation iPhone SE.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to install the iOS 16 public beta version on your iPhone, or iPad:
- 1 - Go to beta.apple.com/betaprogram in Safari.
- 2 - Click on the "Sign Up" button and register or directly you can "Sign In" with your Apple ID;
- 3 - Select the option to enroll your device
- 4 - Scroll down and tap on "Download Profile" > a pop-up will appear. Tap "Allow"
- 5 - Now open settings > a new section called "Profile Downloaded" will appear on top.
- 6 - Tap on "Install", which is present in the top right corner of the screen > Click on "Profile Downloaded"
- 8 - Enter the passcode and tap on "Install"
- 9 - Now your device will restart automatically.
- 10 - Now, Go to Setting > General > Software Update > Download & Install.
- 11 - Once the update has been downloaded, Just tap on "Install Now"
- 12 - That's it! Enjoy the latest iOS 16 on your iPhone.