Windows 11 Build 25151 Update
Microsoft rolls out the Windows 11 Build 25151 update which has been released for testers in the Dev Channel and comes with a long list of bug fixes. With this update, Microsoft revamped one of the old "Open With dialog" features which will appear when opening various apps/files, which was first teased earlier this year and then removed from the builds. Now the feature is available to Insiders in the dev channel will retest the new dialogs box.
The new version of "Open With dialog" comes with new modern visuals, better suggestions, and the option to browse compatible apps in the Microsoft Store.
Microsoft has not officially announced the return of the new redesigned "Open With" dialog box, but you can enable it at your own risk using the ViveTool app.
Here's how to enable the new 'Open with' Dialog Box:
- To enable it, Download ViveTool from its repository on GitHub and extract it wherever convenient.
- Launch Windows Terminal as Administrator in Command Prompt profile.
- Navigate to the ViveTool folder using the CD command. (For example, CD C:\Vive).
- Type vivetool /enable /id:36302090 and press Enter. (Note that the latest ViveTool version uses a new syntax for managing software configurations. If you use an older release, type the vivetool addconfig 36302090 2 command).
- Right-click any file and select Open With > Choose another app.
- To revert changes, use the vivetool /disable /id:36302090 command or vivetool delconfig 36302090 2.